Our experienced team at Smiley Dental Webb Chapel works hard to offer a healthy approach to dentistry for our patients in Dallas, Texas looking for excellent dental care. One of the ways we do that is by making sure our procedures and treatments are safe and effective.
Dr. Raquel Wright and Dr. Navaneetha Natchimuthu are pleased to use digital x-rays to evaluate your smile. Digital x-rays provide detailed images of your teeth, jawbone, and soft tissue to find anomalies which are not visible otherwise. This allows us to spot subtle cracks in dental fillings, bone loss, or decay between your teeth. While the traditional method of taking x-rays is considered to be safe it exposes you to more radiation than the digital option.
Are you familiar with the benefits of digital x-rays over traditional x-rays? Let’s take a look!
- Digital x-rays are more environmentally friendly than using chemicals and film paper in traditional x-rays.
- Digital x-rays provide insight in seconds and can be resized without compromising quality or accuracy.
- With digital x-rays, you are experiencing 80% less radiation than your traditional versions.
- Digital x-rays allow us to take pictures of your mouth through a sensor in your mouth that is connected to a thin wire to the computer, while traditional x-rays involve cumbersome lead bibs and papers in the mouth with cutting edges.
- Your digital x-rays can be forwarded electronically to another specialist or to support insurance claims without having to deal with cumbersome film paper.
Our staff in Dallas, Texas is always ready to use leading-edge technology to help our patients achieve the healthiest smiles possible. Digital x-rays are just one of those tools we can use to diagnose your smile health as accurately as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about your oral health, please give us a call at 214.635.2810 to speak to a member of our team. We will also be happy to schedule your next visit with our dentists, Dr. Raquel Wright or Dr. Navaneetha Natchimuthu!